Unleash the Harbor Dragons!
Sunday April 22, 2018
Dragon Boat Racing is one of the fastest-growing water sports in the world. Within a relatively short period of time, North America has emerged as an international Dragon Boat Racing powerhouse, shaking the foundations of a sport that has historically been dominated by Asian countries.
Dragon Boat Racing is great fun for youth and adult paddlers of any experience or fitness level. We invite your group to join us for a day of racing on the harbor!
Registration Deadline: April 14, 2018
Fee: $750/team or $37.50/individual
- c. 150 – 200 Meter Race Course
- Each team races two qualifying times. Best combined times move on to semi-final round. Fastest times in semi-final advance to Championship Race!
- Minimum Age is 14
- Boat, paddles, life vests, drummer, steer person and professional lessons provided for each team
- Each paddler receives a Dragon Boat team t-shirt
- Each team must have 20 paddlers to race. Gig Harbor Canoe and Kayak Race Team and Gig Harbor Dragon Boat Team athletes will be available to fill empty spots on a first request / first serve basis.
All communication regarding the pre-race Training Clinic taking place the day of the event (prior to the races) will be through the Team Captain. It’s important to have the entire team attend the training clinic so that everyone is hearing the same information and understands the expectations regarding their participation. Clinics will be approximately one hour, and will include land and water training.
Click HERE to Register for the 2018 Paddlers Cup Dragon Boat Races. The Dragon Boat team roster form is available here.