The 9th Annual Gig Harbor Paddlers Cup will take place on April 4th & 5th, 2020 at historic Skansie Brothers Park in downtown Gig Harbor.
This two-day event features competitive racing for expert, novice, and youth paddlers. Vendors will be located on the shore.
Saturday, April 4, 2020:
Inner Harbor Races
We will start the day off with a fun 2K youth distance race for ages 13 and under. Competitive and recreational paddlers of all ages can then compete in the 5K/10K distance race and then experience the fun of facing off in head-to-head 100m sprint knock-off races. The Inner Harbor Races are open to youth and adult canoe, kayak, outrigger canoe, para-canoe, and SUP paddlers of any experience level.
Sunday, April 5, 2020:
Dragon Boat Races
Our 2020 Dragon Boat Teams are:
Fast, furious, and fun! Companies, community organizations, clubs, schools, or any group can register a dragon boat team (20 paddlers). No experience is necessary – this is a great team-building activity and a huge crowd favorite. Dragon boat training and all equipment will be provided – just bring your team!
Additional Dragon Boat Race Information:
- Every team will need a designated Team Captain. Communication leading up to the event will be through the Team Captain.
- Race distance is 200m and takes place inside the Harbor.
- Every team races three times.
- Professional lessons, steer person, drummer, boats, paddles and life preservers will be provided on race day.
- Each team must have 20 paddlers to race, 10 men and 10 women. Gig Harbor Canoe and Kayak Racing Team and Gig Harbor Dragon Boat Team athletes will be available to fill empty spots on a first request / first serve basis.
Dragon Boat Training Clinics
Training clinics to get you ready to race will take place Sunday morning. It’s important to have the entire team attend the training clinic so that everyone is ready for a safe, fun day of racing. Clinics will be approximately 1.5 hours, and include land and water training.