Unleash the Dragons!
April 23 & 24, 2022
We invite your group to join us for a day of fast and furious racing on the harbor! Perfect for youth and adult paddlers of any experience or fitness level, this is an amazing team-building activity and group experience. We provide a day of training, racing, and all equipment – just bring your co-workers, family, and friends and find out why Dragon Boat Racing is one of the fastest-growing watersports in the world.
Registration Deadline: To be announced
Dragon Boat Teams (limit 12)
- JBLM – 201st EMIB – Sponsored by Cedarbrook Dental
- Gig Harbor Rotary
- Windermere Professional Partners
- One Hope Church
- The Hanger Clinic
- PenMet Parks
- Naval Base Kitsap – Sponsored by North Harbor Dentistry
- CHI Franciscan
- Anthony’s Restaurants
- c. 200 Meter Race Course
- Each team races two qualifying times and then is seeded for the final round of races!
- Boat, paddles, life vests, drummer, steer person, and training are provided for each team.
- Each paddler receives a custom Dragon Boat team t-shirt with your organization’s logo.
- Minimum age is 14 (sorry, no exceptions).
- Teams should be comprised of approx. 10 women and 10 men – please do your best to have a balanced team!
- Each team must have 20 paddlers to race. Gig Harbor Canoe and Kayak Race Team and Gig Harbor Dragon Boat Team athletes will be available to fill empty spots on a first request / first serve basis.
- Proceeds from dragon boat racing equally benefit the Gig Harbor Canoe & Kayak Racing Team and the Gig Harbor Dragons!
- Full vaccinations are required. Fully vaccinated is considered two weeks after the second dose in a two-dose series, like the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, like Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card is required to be either uploaded or shown at the registration table prior to the event.
Training Clinics (Sunday morning, prior to the races):
- Clinics will be approximately 1.5 hours, and will include land and water training.
- It’s very important to have the entire team attend the training clinic.
- All communication regarding your team’s pre-race Training Clinic will be through your Team Captain.
Important Note: We encourage your team to have fun, however alcohol is prohibited in Skansie Park, drinking prior to racing is unsafe, and any individuals appearing intoxicated will not be permitted to participate, at our sole discretion. Refunds will not be issued to any individual or team barred from participating due to apparent intoxication. There will be plenty of opportunities to celebrate AFTER racing wraps up! Thank you for your cooperation.