Unleash the Dragons!
April 30th, 2023
We invite your group to join us for a day of fast and furious racing on the harbor! Perfect for youth and adult paddlers of any experience or fitness level, this is an amazing team-building activity and group experience. We provide a day of training, racing, and all equipment – just bring your co-workers, family, and friends and find out why Dragon Boat Racing is one of the fastest-growing watersports in the world.
Registration is OPEN! Deadline: April 7, 2023
Registration will be open until race day and we will do our best to accommodate late registrants. After April 7, 2023, late fees may apply and event shirt sizes may be limited or unavailable.
Click Here to Register / Join Waitlist
Dragon Boat Teams (limit 12 boats)
- City of Gig Harbor
- PenMet Parks
- Team TOTE
- Virginia Mason Franciscan Health
- Team Liquid Assets – World Vision & Chapel Hill Presbyterian Church
- Hanger Clinic
- Windemere Abode
- Race distance is 200m and takes place inside the Harbor.
- Each team races two qualifying times and then is seeded for the final round of races!
- Boat, paddles, life vests, drummer, steer person, and training are provided for each team.
- Each paddler receives a custom Dragon Boat team t-shirt with your organization’s logo.
- Minimum age is 14 (sorry, no exceptions).
- Each team must have 20 paddlers to race – no more than 10 men – please do your best to have a balanced team!
- NO Gig Harbor Canoe and Kayak Racing Team youth athletes or Gig Harbor Dragon Boat Team athletes will be participating in any boats this year – this year, all the paddlers will be from the participating organization! (If your boat isn’t full, you will race with less people.)
- Proceeds from dragon boat racing equally benefit the Gig Harbor Canoe & Kayak Racing Team and the Gig Harbor Dragons!
Training Clinics (Sunday morning, prior to the races):
- Clinics will be approximately 1.5 hours, and will include land and water training.
- It’s very important to have the entire team attend the training clinic.
- All communication regarding your team’s pre-race Training Clinic will be through your Team Captain.
Important Note: We encourage your team to have fun, however alcohol is prohibited in Skansie Park, drinking prior to racing is unsafe, and any individuals appearing intoxicated will not be permitted to participate, at our sole discretion. Refunds will not be issued to any individual or team barred from participating due to apparent intoxication. There will be plenty of opportunities to celebrate AFTER racing wraps up! Thank you for your cooperation.